Wednesday, February 23, 2022
Martin Cowen for Georgia Attorney General
Today, Martin Cowen announces his candidacy for Georgia Attorney General. Martin is a lifelong Libertarian, having attended the first Libertarian Party of Georgia State Convention in 1972.
Martin says: “I have been studying freedom for over 50 years. Freedom is the protection of private property rights by the rule of law.”
Martin’s interests include:
- Advocating an end to qualified immunity for government agents who kill or injure innocent civilians by accident or otherwise.
- Advocating an end to no-knock warrants.
- Advocating an end to civil asset forfeiture without trial and conviction, without due process.
- Advocating an end to the War on Drugs.
- Protecting Georgia medical doctors from persecution by pharmaceutical companies and their government agents for practicing medicine with informed patient consent consistent with their own well-earned professional judgment.
- Defending Georgia citizens from the imposition of vaccine mandates and passports.
- Ensuring that all adults have the right to make their own health care decisions free from government interference.
Martin is a member of the Board of Governors of the State Bar of Georgia, a member of the Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, a graduate of UGA Law School (1975), and an active member of the State Bar of Georgia for over 46 years. Martin is a former associate probate judge and a two-time (2018 and 2020) candidate for Congress in Georgia Congressional District 13.